Free Wi-Fi router.
Cancel any time.
is subject to the following terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
Yutiliti’s service is subject to the following terms and conditions.
Technical and Service Support
- This a limited support service and therefore Yutiliti support is limited to connectivity related matters only and ends at the Wi-Fi router supplied by Yutiliti.
- Yutiliti support hours for the following products are:
|Product||Product Description||Service Level||Hours|
|20 MBS (Home)||Uncapped, Symmetrical||Best Effort||8 am – 5 pm (Monday – Friday)|
|100 MBS (Home)||Uncapped, Symmetrical||Best Effort||8 am – 5 pm (Monday – Friday)|
|10 MBS (Business Lite)||Uncapped, Symmetrical||Best Effort||8 am – 5 pm (Monday – Friday)|
- Yutiliti does not take responsibility for the performance of any network devices and/or connection equipment, including Wi-Fi routers not supplied by us. Any support and related costs for non-Yutiliti Wi-Fi routers, network devices or connection equipment is the responsibility of the client.
- Support channels and contact details are:email@example.com
- Fault reporting: Any faults or service interruption should be reported via email.
- Response time: Yutiliti will attend to faults during office hours and will endeavor to have services restored in the shortest time possible. Issues relating to fibre networks may take longer.
- Routers: Routers plugged into the ONT must be configured in “Router” mode and not “Bridge” mode. Routers in “Bridge” mode may be disconnected.
- Yutility Routers are pre-configured with the correct settings for the provisioning of services. Call out fees will be applicable in the event where the client tampers with the router settings in any way that necessitates Yutility to do a site visit in order to re-set the router. Please note that a call out fee of R 700 will be applicable.
- Good working order: Yutiliti will be entitled to assume that the fibre line provisioned to a client is in good working order until such time as the client advises Yutiliti of any problems or service breaks.
- Call out fees: If it is determined that the fault reported was caused by the client then the client will be liable for payment of any applicable call out fees and costs to repair the fault.
Availability of Services
- Connection and service delivery is only available within areas that are live.
- Any service ordered from Yutiliti in areas that are not live will be put on hold until such time that delivery is possible.
- Yutiliti will not charge/run debit orders in cases where orders are placed in areas that are not live yet.
- Services ordered which requires installation from the road into any kind of complex/building (residential/business) are subject to an approval process from Lightstruck by the Governing Entity (Home AOwners Association/Body Corporate, Trustees/Directors/Managing Agent).
- Wi-Fi performance: Yutiliti cannot take responsibility for any network devices on the client’s premise. Wi-Fi performance can be unpredictable in certain environments. This can be caused by noisy radio frequency (RF) environments, building design/materials and interference from other Wi-Fi devices.
- All matters, including Wi-Fi performance, slow laptops, faulty printers or corruptsoftware fall outside of the Yutiliti’sscope of support and the clientwillneed to contact a third party to resolve these matters at client’s cost.
Installation, Fees and Bespoke Builds
- Our standard installation is free of charge to the client`.
- The installation includes an ONT (Optical Network Terminal),adrop cable, a Wi-Firouter, network related equipment and labour.
- In order to prevent damage to the ONT or fibre cables, you agree to the ONT being wall mounted according to Lightstruck standards.
- The Wi-Firouter is provided by Yutilitiand all other installation related equipment and labour are the responsibility of the fibre network owner and operator.
- If your installation requires a bespoke build, as determined by the fibre network owner and operator in its sole discretion, you will receive a quote from the contractor. Should you choose to proceed, you will be liable for any costs incurred. The bespoke build cost is directly payable to the applicable last-mile contractor.
Equipment Title and Ownership:
- All equipment, more specifically the Wi-Firouter, supplied by Yutiliti always remains the property of Yutiliti.
- Upon termination of any Yutiliti service, all equipment supplied by Yutiliti to the client must be made available for recovery.
- Failure to make the equipment available for recovery after 30 days of cancelling the service will result in Yutiliti invoicing the client for the cost of the equipment.
Identity Verification Requirements (RICA)
- Use of the services may be subject to ID verification and / or proof of address, required by RICA (the Regulation of Interception of Communication Act of 2009). clients may be required to present, emailor upload the relevant documents.
- Original identity document or driver’s license is acceptable.
- Non-South African citizens may submit a copy of their valid passport or international driver’s license.
- verification documents must contain photo identification.
- Failure to produce valid identificationverification for an account will result in the product not being activated, regardless of any pro-rata amounts invoiced.
Fair Usage Policy
- Services may only be used in a manner consistent with this Fair Usage Policy and failure to do so may be grounds for suspension or discontinuing the service.
- To protect the integrity and security of the service provided, we reserve the right to monitor it.
- Our bandwidth policy is not set in stone, but if a client is impacting the integrity of our service offering, we will need to work with the client to achieve a solution that works for both parties.
- We aim to always give clients the full burstable capacity of their links, both locally and internationally.
- Yutiliti services are sold on a “one line per client” basis and don’t allow aggregation using in-building networks.
- clients are not allowed to share/resell internet services with neighbors or nearby offices.
- clients are not allowed to run an ISP/WISP using Yutiliti internet services.
- Lines may not be used to carry backhaul traffic for other network operators.
- Unacceptable use:
- Any criminal, illegal or unlawful act.
- Any use which intentionally interferes with our ability to provide our services in any respect.
- Any use which intentionally interferes with our rights or the rights of any third party.
- Any use which is a breach of any other agreement we may have entered into with you or any policy or other terms and conditions which you have agreed to in connection with the use of our services.
- The use of the service to send unsolicited direct marketing communications in contravention of applicable law or which would cause us to be in contravention of the ISPA Code of Conduct.
- From time to time Yutiliti may need to apply rules relating to our Fair Usage Policyto the service ordered to ensure that our service is efficiently managed.
Invoicing and Payment
- Services are provided on a month-to-month basis.
- Services are invoicedand paid monthly in advance through direct debit order.
- Your first invoice will include any pro rata line rental, your next month line rental, any installation, reconnection and hardware charges at the end of your first month.
- A direct debit mandate will need to be signed by you before any installation will be scheduled or a service is activated.
- Invoicing will commence the day theYutilitiserviceis live.
- If you are unable to access the internet for any reason outside of the control of Yutiliti or due to the failure by a third-party invoicing will continueas if the service is active.
- If you are unable to access the internet as a result of Yutiliti’sfailure and we have done everything reasonably in our ability to make the client live, invoicing will commence from the daywe could reasonably have assumed that the client’s service is active.
- From time to time the fibre network owner and operator may change its pricing to Yutiliti, which will impact our price offering. Any changes in this regard will be communicated to the client.
Changes to Services and Cancellation Policy
- Service Upgrades:
- Upgrades are processed in within 48 hours (2 business days). You will be invoiced pro rata for difference in cost for the remaining period of the month.
- Service Downgrades:
- If you submit your downgrade request by 14h00 on the 24th of the month (or the previous working day if that falls on a non-business day) your line will be downgraded at the end of the same month.
- Service Cancellations:
- If you submit your cancellation request by 14h00 on the 24th of the month (or the previous working day if that falls on a non-business day) your line will be cancelled at the end of the same month.
- Changing Service Providers:
- There are no penalties charged for switching from a Yutiliti service to any other service provided by the (ISP) Internet Service Provider of the client’s choice on the fibrenetwork.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellation of your Yutiliti service without replacing it by another service from any ISP (Internet Service Provider) on the fibrenetwork will attract a cancellation fee of R 1999(Excl. VAT).
- Cancellation fee is applicable for a period of 12 (twelve) months from the date of commencement of your Yutiliti subscription.
SPAM, Safety, Unlawful Content and Activity
- We take spam and unlawful activity seriously
- Clients agree to not to send or promote the sending of spam
- If you think our service is being used to send or relay spam, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ISPA provides relevant information on how to protect yourself and your children from online threats:
- Cyber Safety Resources – https://ispa.org.za/safety/
- Resources for Children and Teens – https://ispa.org.za/safety/children-and-teens/
- Should you feel the need for assistance with any of the following acts please ask for assistance from ISPA:
- The Harassment Act (No. 17 of 2011)
- The Maintenance Act (No. 99 of 1998)
- Films and Publications Act (No. 65 of 1996) as amended
- We are obliged to take appropriate action where it becomes aware of any unlawful content or conduct
- ISPA is our agent for the purpose of receiving take-down notifications in terms of section 75 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act.
- The relevant details for ISPA are:
Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA)
Address: PO Box 518, Noordwyk, 1687
Telephone: 010 500 1200
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- Yutiliti accepts no liability for any loss or damage to the property or equipment of the client arising out of the provision, installation or maintenance of its service.
- Application for, use of and subscription to Yutiliti services is at the sole risk of the applicant or client.
- Uncapped fibre data is not throttled or shaped. However, there may be circumstances beyond the control of Yutiliti that may affect performance, based on demand, service breakdowns or technical outages. During this time, some services may not perform optimally.
Join the Lightstruck revolution.
Get connected to world-class fibre broadband through Yutiliti
No fibre yet in your area?
If you too would like fast fibre internet in your home or office, your first step is to register your interest directly with Lightstruck. This way, we’ll become aware of a need in your community. If there is enough interest, we can launch a project to bring fibre optic internet to your area.
22 Kildare Road, Newlands
7700, South Africa
Unit 4, Upper Ground, Katherine & West
114 West Street, Sandton, 2031, South Africa